YoganandaHealth.com Copyright 2016 All Rights Reserved
Just as electricity passes through a rod made of a conductive substance, and electrifies it, so the body battery becomes fully charged with Life Force derived from oxygen. When you are tired and hungry, take a sun bath, and you will find yourself recharged with ultraviolet rays, and revived, or inhale and exhale several times outdoors or near an open window, and your fatigue will be gone. A person who is on a fast and inhales and exhales deeply twelve times, three times a day, recharges his body with electrons and free energy from air and ether. Contact of food and oxygen with the inner bodily system is necessary if the Life Force is to convert the food and oxygen into energy. The Life Force can assimilate oxygen more quickly than it can assimilate solids or liquids.
People who practice breathing exercises always have shining, magnetic eyes. Practice the following exercise three times a day: Exhale slowly, counting from 1 to 6. Now, while the lungs are empty, mentally count from 1 to 6. Inhale slowly, counting from 1 to 6. Then hold the breath, counting from 1 to 6. Repeat eleven times, (Never hold the breath longer than it takes to count slowly from 1 to 6, or, at most, from 1 to 12.)
1. Stand erect with arms stretched straight above head. Relax while holding this position. Throw breath out and keep breath out for the duration of 12 counts. Inhale and feel that you are drawing energy through the finger tips into the medulla and body parts.
2 Put chin on chest, tightening muscles of the throat. Slowly inhale, lifting head up and bending it backward. Relax, drop chin on chest, and exhale.
3. The Mental Rope Jumping Exercise. Swing your hands as if you are swinging a rope and jump over the imaginary rope.
4. Exhale, and squat on the haunches, sitting on heels. Stand, inhale, and hold breath, counting 1 to 10. Then exhale and drop to squatting position again while exhaling. (Knees should not touch the ground and back should remain erect through whole exercise.) Repeat five times.
5. Raise arms sidewise, shoulder high. Swing them forward, touching palms in front, then swing back to side position. Repeat ten times.
6. Close eyes. Very gently contract both breasts. Put whole attention there while contracting them. Hold contraction, counting 1 to 30. Then release contraction. Repeat six times, morning, noon, and night.
7. Exposing chest to direct sunlight has been found to be very beneficial; slowly walk two miles a day. Remain outdoors. Eat plenty of raw green vegetables and thoroughly ground pecans. Clearing throat and nose with mixture of a half teaspoonful of salt and a glassful of water early mornings and noon, and just before going to bed, has been found to be very effective.
|PDF Yogananda's Recipes|
|Yogananda on Diet|
|Yogananda on Health & Healing|
|Yogananda On Memory|
|Yogananda's Spiritual Wisdom|
|Yogananda's Christmas Greetings|
|Yogananda's New Year's Greeting|
|Yogananda's Easter Greeting|
|Buttermilk Skim Milk|
|Diet & Disposition|
|Fruits & Vegetables|
|Meat Eating vs Vegetarian|
|Moderation for Health|
|What is the Perfect Diet?|
|What Sustains the Body?|
|Yoga Method of Diet|
|Divine Will Healing Lesson 2|
|Evaluation of Curative Methods|
|Learn to Sleep at Will|
|Obtaining Divine Healing|
|Relax and Calm Yourself|
|Rejuvenate Yourself Part II|
|Rules for Healthy Livng|
|The Art of Rejuvenation Part I|
|The Art of Rejuvenation Part II|
|The Art of Rejuvenation Part III|
|The Art of Rejuvenation Part IV|
|Underlying Unity of Medical and Mental Cures|
|How to Cultivate a Good Memory|
|The Art of Developing Memory|
|The Art of Developing Memory Part I|
|The Art of Developing Memory Part II|
|Develop Your Mental Radio|
|Food in the Future|
|Quotes on health and healing|
|The Body as Materialized Vibration|
|You Are the Life Force|
|Yogananda’s Christmas Greeting 1936|
|Yogananda’s Why Celebrate Christmas 1934|
|Yogananda’s Christmas Greetings 1939|
|Yogananda’s Christmas Letter 1933|
|Yogananda’s Christmas Greetings 1938|
|Meditate on Christmas Eve|
|Recipes Page One|
|Recipes Page Two|
|Recipes Page Three|
|Value of Occasional Fasting|
|Three Recipes May-June 1926|
|Three Recipes July-August 1926|
|Three Recipes Sept-October|
|Two Recipes Nov-Dec 1926|
|Potatoes in Parchment|
|Yogananda on Affirmations|